Pages

2/02/2010

7 Things You Should Not Use in Web Design to Get a Quality Web Site

1. Flash In The Pan
Pan being a slang term for toilet – as that’s where it belongs. Okay, maybe not all use of Flash but certainly
Flash introduction pages.

2. “You’ve Been Framed!”
Ouch! You spent how much on a website? And it’s been created in Frames? You do know that this means search engines won’t be able to ‘read’ any of the content of your pages? Hmmm. Nasty.

3. Can You Read In Pictures?
You know those websites where absolutely everything is an image? Even the ‘text’ on the homepage has actually been created in an art package and although the edges look really smooth and you and I might be able to read it – search engines don’t stand a chance.
To you and I the homepage reads:
“Welcome to XYZ Design – the home of intellectually stimulating post-modern e-design where creativity fuses with knowledge transmutation to …”
To the search engines the homepage reads:
“.”
Pictures look good. Use text for words and images for pictures. You think I’m joking here?


4. “Catch Me If You Can!”
Quite often I wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. I have a recurring nightmare where I’m on a website and all I want to do is click on the ‘Contact’ page. But I can’t because whenever I move my mouse cursor towards the navigation bar at the top of the page it starts spinning from left to right like a never-ending one-arm bandit that’s been knocked on its side.
If you see a website like this – please send me the address as I’m in the process of building a rather large black hole from which they will never escape to torment me again…

 To read the 5 to 7 things check it here  :)

More articles about developing Website





No comments:

Post a Comment